Metallic Product Release Notes
The latest and greatest of Metallic’s product releases by month.
- Optimization changes to metering and billing for customers. Ensures workloads running in virtualized and physical environments are appropriately metered. Providing clear visibility into current usage.
Metallic Hybrid BaaS Cloud – Hot and Cool Tier Storage
Cool storage is now available for Metallic BaaS hybrid cloud offerings for long-term retention use cases. With this latest addition, both hot and cool storage tiers are now available to support short- and long-term retention use cases as a backup target for both Commvault software and Metallic BaaS – giving our customers even more options for easy cloud storage to save costs and strengthen their ransomware protection.
- Azure Active Directory: This is a key part of our customers’ security strategy, and we are now delivering this service free of charge with purchase of any Metallic subscription. Metallic now covers both Microsoft Active Directory as well as Azure Active Directory, adding to the rich set of workloads already protected by Metallic. Customers will see Active Directory as a separate tile in the Metallic Hub.
Delivering Enterprise-grade data protection for Microsoft Dynamics 365
Introducing Metallic Backup for Microsoft Dynamics 365, which provides enterprise-proven, comprehensive data backup and recovery for both production and sandbox environments. It also provides safeguards against data loss threats such as deletion, corruption, and attacks by malicious insiders and ransomware. This is the first offering from Commvault that’s launching exclusively through Metallic BaaS and offers a comprehensive data protection experience across the business including Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, and Field Service applications. This new Metallic service is built on industry-leading Commvault technologies and powered by the durability, security and scalability of Azure to provide comprehensive protection for your valuable data—all with the simplicity of SaaS.
- Salesforce: If you use AWS as a cloud platform, you can Bring Your Own Storage (BYOS). With BYOS, you can manage your data portfolio within a single cloud provider.
- Active Directory: You can view restore points for Microsoft Active Directory backups.
- Azure VM: For restored virtual machines, you can specify the disk type and the availability zone.
- Office 365: To mitigate the risk of throttling, Metallic will recommend when to add additional backup Apps for Office 365 applications.
- Oracle: A backup preview is included in the readiness check to verify that all prerequisites are met prior to running the backup job.